What are the Different Types of Cosmetic Surgery?
Do you live by this? “Self-care should be your utmost priority “. Self-care can come in many different forms, whether it be a healthy diet and exercise routine, meditation or yoga, painting your nails, or simply taking a massage etc. Self-care is basically what we do when we want to look or feel better, internally or externally. Your choices are many depending on what result you are looking for. Some people join gyms to build and tone their physiques and others like to opt for minor beauty and cosmetic treatment and surgery to either maintain a look or iron out those cosmetic flaws, they may have been haunting you back to when you were a teenager.
Research shows, we as a human race are more inclined to undertake cosmetic treatment or surgery, in search of desire to look more beautiful. In America, a recent paper published by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) estimates, 15.6 million cosmetic procedures, including both minimally invasive and surgical procedures are done annually. The cosmetic industry has grown so fast and with so many different procedures to choose from its often difficult to keep up with what’s what. Often when someone mentions a cosmetic treatment or surgery then facelift, rhinoplasty and breast augmentation comes to mind, but there are many other popular procedures including:
1. Dermabrasion: When blemishes and wrinkles are visible on the skin, a dermabrasion procedure can rub out the blemishes and faint wrinkles with a rotating tool, which effectively removes the top layer of the skin leaving the skin underneath layer more supple and clear.
2. Injectables and Fillers: These are all still all the rage from Hollywood and high-class social sets. Injectables are generally used to reverse the aging by reducing the wrinkles, whilst fillers, as the name suggests, are used to restore the volume in specific areas of the face like the cheeks and lips.
3. Liposuction: Many people struggle with weight loss and go through painstaking and extensive diet and exercise with little to show for it. Liposuction surgery can remove all the excess and stubborn fat deposits from all over your body, usually the stomach.
4. Breast Augmentation: Breast Augmentation, is a procedure where an implant is inserted under the breast tissue, to increase the size of the breast and /or improve its symmetry.
5. Breast lift: Also known as Mastopexy is a procedure, whereby the reshaping of sagging breasts is done. The extra skin is usually removed and repositioned to reshape the breasts for a more uplifting look.
6. Nasal Reshaping: Generally called as nose job or rhinoplasty is the reshaping of the nose. It can improve the appearance and the way you breathe.
7. Eyelid Surgery: Also called as Blepharoplasty is a procedure, whereby the saggy skin around the eyes is removed.
8. Face Lift: Also called Rhytidectomy, is a procedure designed to reverse the natural signs of aging on your face.
There are many more types of cosmetic surgeries and if you are looking for something more specific with your next cosmetic treatment, then Woollahra Health and Beauty can help you. The Specialist Doctors and Clinic Staff at Woollahra Health and beauty can give you an honest opinion before you decide to take the plunge in a cosmetic surgery. For more details about receiving a FREE cosmetic online skin pre-assessment; simply share a photo of your skin issue on their secure uploader, by visiting their website http://www.woollahrahealthandbeauty.com.au